We (Temile development company) are looking to recruit suitably qualified candidates for the underlisted position;
Technical Superintendent, Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Technical Superintendent Job
Roles and Responsibilities;
• Responsible for the overall management and technical operations of assigned vessels. This includes overseeing the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking, etc.
• Ensure the assigned vessels are technically operational or otherwise managed accordingly to the management agreement requirement.
• Attend to vessel dry docking, repairs and survey when required and determine repair specifications for dry docking and maintenance.
• Provide and compile documented reports upon completion of dry docking, including summaries of works performed, operational budgets, and actual expenditures.
• Identify and source for technical and operational supplies required for the vessels and ensure the rates are most economical.
• Ensure that all copies of statutory, SOLAS and equipment certificates (life rafts, compasses, etc.) are properly maintained and documented
• Provide technical assistance and advice to vessels both at the berth and offshore
• Perform monthly review of logs processes and attend to vessel inspections
• Monitor technical status of vessel with relation to class cert and survey
• Supervise contractors’ repair/maintenance of vessels to industry’s best practice
• Perform budgeting and cost control measures on ship spares and docking requirements
• Perform technical compliance audits and investigation on defects/failures on a regular scheduled basis to ensure conformance
• Work closely with the HSE Management team to ensure smooth and successful implementation of QHSE system and policies for the Division.
• Undertake any other Technical related assignments as and when required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences;
– [ ]Chief Engineer or 2nd Engr Certificate of Competency(Reg. III/2) and / or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a similar qualification
– [ ]Must have worked onboard as a Chief Engineer on OSV for a minimum of 5 years
– [ ] Minimum 1year experience on a diesel electric vessel will be an added advantage
– [ ] Good knowledge of Cummings engines
– [ ] Good Knowledge of wet and dry bulk systems
– [ ] Excellent communication skills
– [ ] Excellent report writing
– [ ] Good knowledge of MS office
– [ ] Previous Experience as a Technical Superintendent in the offshore industry will be an added advantage
Application’s should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject “Application for The Role of Technical Superintendent”.
May Also Be Interested In