Sonographer Job at Venia Health and Medical Services In Nigeria
- The sonographer is responsible for ensuring the provision of excellent and accurate ultrasound imaging services within the laid down standard operating policies and protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform ultrasound imaging procedures of high diagnostic value within the approved policies and procedures
- Ensure adequate and correct information is given to patients regarding procedures and how to collect/get results.
- Ensuring clear images for diagnostic purposes and making adjustments to the sonographic equipment when necessary.
- Selecting the appropriate settings and adjusting the patients’ positions accordingly.
- Monitoring and caring for patients to ensure their safety and comfort during the procedures.
- Ensure the patient’s condition is monitored all throughout the procedure.
- Selecting and examining images, looking for differences between healthy and pathological areas, and determining if the scope of the exam should be extended, based on preliminary findings.
- Presenting the sonograms and preliminary findings to the Physicians.
- Completing the appropriate documentation and maintaining patients’ histories and medical records.
- B.Sc / HND in Medical Imaging or its equivalent
- PGD ultrasound module 2 or 3 credentials (mandatory)
- Current practicing license with a minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Proficiency in the use of sonographic equipment
- Good practical knowledge of ultrasound procedures.
- Strong technical, communication, interpersonal, and patient service skills.
- The ability to explain technical terms in a clear and understandable way.
- Good visual acuity and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, judgment, and decision-making skills
Application Closing Date
16th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
May Also Be Interested In