Health Safety Environmental Manager Job In Nigeria
Duties and Responsibilities
- Making regular site inspections
- Planning safe working practices and making necessary changes
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Ensure proper monitoring and compliance with the safety standards according to federal and state government Norms
- Adept in knowledge about firefight and process safety
- Providing health and safety training courses for employees and managers
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints, and cases of ill health
- Ensure to maintain accurate records/ evidence of safety compliance and safety documentation.
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
- Undertaking risk assessments, identifying potential hazards and determining ways of reducing risks
- Liaising with relevant authorities and also being familiar with NESREA’s EHS compliance.
- Ensure proper maintenance of inventory of safety PPE
- Organizing/attending health and safety meetings
- Safely handling hazardous substances
- Writing reports, bulletins, and newsletters
- Compiling statistics
- Making recommendations following accidents/incidents
- Keeping up to date with developments within the profession
- Making presentations to groups of employees/managers.
- Writing internal health and safety policies/strategies
- Drawing-up safe operational procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science / Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
- 8 or above years of experience in Health, Safety, and Environment and Fire Services in the
- Working knowledge in Health, Safety, and Environment Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, Incident Command Systems, and Incident investigations.
- Must reside along Agbara, Badagry axis
- HSE Qualification such as NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Good analytical skills and the ability to think critically
- Good public speaking skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs to: HR@chemironcare.com or Strictlytalents@gmail.com using the Job Position as the subject of the email.
May Also Be Interested In
Job Location: Agbara, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time