Job Ref – 23000068
Health Safety & Environment Manager Job In UAE
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
To design and implement comprehensive corporate occupational health & safety policies and practices as well as lead the development of environmental policies and practices that aim to minimize the environmental impact of flydubai’s activities.
- Designs, develops, and maintains the Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental (OHSE) management system consisting of relevant documentation in line with local and international standards.
- Leads the implementation of OHSE procedures to meet and exceed regulatory requirements related to fire protection, first aid, control of substances hazardous to health (CoSHH), occupational diseases, air quality, noise, equipment safety, fuel spillages, waste management and other related HSE issues.
- Defines OHSE KPIs relevant to the business and generates the KPIs on a periodic basis through statistical analysis of all the OHSE incidents; communicate the KPIs across the business regularly through management reports and bulletins with the aim of driving improvement.
- Chairs committee/action group with the aim of identifying and resolving OHSE issues across the company in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the set-up and maintenance of flydubai’s Drug & Alcohol Policy and Communicable Disease Program in accordance with respective GCAA regulations, CAR PSMP and CAR CDMP across the organization
- Manages key aviation environment matters related to aircraft carbon emissions, aircraft fuel consumption etc. by working closely with the relevant internal stakeholders and external authorities.
- Oversees all operational environment matters and implements appropriate measures and processes to reduce the overall environmental impact and liability of the business.
- Contributes towards the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting for the company.
- Ensures any non-compliances discovered and all OHSE incidents are thoroughly investigated to identify root causes to effectively implement the corrective action plans.
- Leads OHSE risk assessments, HAZOP studies and OHSE inspections as per the business needs by monitoring and reviewing all the company activities including installation of new equipment.
- Provides specialized consultation to operational departments in conducting OHSE risk assessments and inspections, as required.
- Directs OHSE trainings and campaigns at flydubai with the aim of building a robust environmental and safety culture within the company.
- Liaise with the GCAA on regulatory requirements related to occupational health & safety and environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
Experience Specific Requirements
- Preferred No. of Years (with Relevant Degree) – 7
Systems, Licensing, Language or Certification Requirements
- HSE related certifications such as NEBOSH IGC, NEBOSH Diploma, IOSH certification, IEMA Associate (Env.)
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Inspiring & Developing Others
- Decision Making
Reads and complies with the ISR policies of the Company and diligently reports any weakness or incidents to the respective Line Manager or the Information Security team. Completes all required ISR awareness sessions and follows associated guidelines in the day to day business operations.
May Also Be Interested In
Topside HSE Supervisor Job In Angola