Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Officer Job In Nigeria
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Officer – Recycling Unit
Location: Lagos Mainland
Employment Type: Full-time
Net Pay: N100,000
Job Description & Responsibilities
* Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will provide support in all Health and Safety functions within the recycling unit of the organization.
* You will provide support to factory HODs, supervisors and factory staff to develop and execute health and safety plans that ensure that there is a prevalent culture of Health and Safety within the factories and the organization.
* Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
* Evaluate the workplace environment and develop safety-management policies that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees.
* Enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
* Advise on suitable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for employees.
* Advise on various areas, e.g., fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery & occupational diseases.
* Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
* Revise and update all existing safety policies in line with required safety standards.
* Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
* Prepare reports on health and safety awareness, issues & statistics
Evaluate practices, procedures & facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
* Analyzing / monitoring trends regarding incidents, inspections, audits, and corrective measures while also keeping the management team informed.
* Organize regular talks & lead in-house training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
* Conduct induction for all visitors, employees at the recycling unit & other outstation and new employees.
* Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
* Perform other related duties as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
· HSE Qualification such as ISPON Level 1-3, IOSH or equivalent
* In-depth knowledge of legislation (e.g., OSHA/EPA) and procedures.
* 3 years experience and above experience in Health, Safety and Environment and in a Manufacturing company (Plastic recycling).
* Working knowledge in Health, Safety & Environment Management Systems in recycling, Environmental Discharges, Incident Command System, Incident Investigation by using Tripod Beta Tool, HSE Auditing Techniques, HEMP.
Qualified Candidates should send their CV to
May Also Be Interested In